Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

You won't believe how easy this delicious cake is to make and it's low-cal too!! I made it for a cover dish brunch this morning because I had all the ingredients but after a taste I will make it again and again. 
The recipe said you can use just about any canned fruit or canned pie filling. The secret is do not drain the liquid.



1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
1 - angel food cake mix

Mix the two ingredients in a large bowl. Just mix by hand.
Place in 9" x 13" pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees 25 - 30 minutes or until brown and tooth pick placed in the center comes out clean.

There was a suggestion to kick it up a notch by sprinkling with coconut before baking so I'll try that next time!!
Today I'll pick up whipped cream on the way to the brunch.

No comments: